Old-age pension application

Where and by when must I apply for the OASI old-age pension?

Only persons who apply for an OASI pension will receive one. We recommend you submit your application in good time (approx. 3 to 4 months before reaching retirement age). As a rule, the compensation office which most recently received contributions is responsible. Employees get the address of the compensation office in question from their employer. If the spouse already receives a pension, the application must be lodged with the compensation office which pays the pension of the spouse.

The application form is available here:

Application for an old-age pension

Information on applying for a pension when living abroad is available here.

Application for bringing forward or postponing the pension

The application for bringing forward the pension must be submitted no later than the last day of the month in which the relevant age is reached. Otherwise, it will only be possible to bring forward the pension with effect from the applicant's next birthday. Retroactive application is excluded.

The postponement must be declared on the normal application form at the latest within a year of reaching the official retirement age by means of a so-called postponement declaration.

Leaflet 3.01 - OASI old-age pensions and helplessness allowances
Leaflet 3.04 - Flexible retirement age
Leaflet 3.06 - Pension forecasts

Viaduktstr. 42
4002 Basle
Telephone 061 285 22 22
E-mail info@ak114.ch
Opening hours
08:30-11:45 13:30-16:30
Phone reception
08:00-12:00 13:15-17:00